Welcome to all of our new families interested in our C.H.E.S.S. group & activities! We hope to help you connect with our fantastic homeschool community in and around the Rolla area & counties surrounding Phelps county.
A bit on what we offer:
First, We are a Christian group that welcomes anyone interested in Homeschooling. We aren’t a preachy group, but we will pray, mention God, Jesus Christ, or our faith, at any of our events. We welcome everyone, but won’t stop being Christians and practicing our faith for anyone.
We have a wonderful secular group here in Rolla, Rolla Area Homeschool Co-op, if you are looking for a non-Christian group. We both work very well together, because we believe in respecting each other’s space. While our faith doesn’t bring us together, the right and desire to teach our children at home does. Some of them are members of our group and some of us are members of their group. If you would like more information, please ask. I also ask that you help us keep this friendship with them healthy as they are fantastically lovely people and homeschooling with them makes our community stronger.
Second, this site is our home base! Once you sign up, you will be able to
- Access our member directory to discover and connect with other homeschoolers in the area. You can share as much or as little information about yourself as you would like when you set up your profile.
- Stay in the loop and get notified (both in your News Feed and via email) about everything that happens on the site. Don’t worry, you can turn off email notifications too if it gets to be too much.
- Join (or create) your own co-op group. This allows discussions, photos, documents, and other related information to be on point and kept private to your group.
- Participate in forum discussions. You can also post items for sale in our Classifieds forum.
- Post events to our CHESS calendar. This calendar is always viewable to the public
- Receive reduced admission to our in-person events. These include events such as Graduation, Talent Shows, Book Sales, Geography & Spelling Bees, Track & Field Days.
It costs $2 per month or $20 per year to become a member, and you can sign up using the blue button in the main menu above. Members also receive reduced rates to all of our in-person events.
If you have any questions about homeschooling, please either message me directly once you’ve signed up, or before signing up just use the Feedback & Support Page and select “Homeschooling Question”.
C.H.E.S.S. Head Coordinator